Sunday, August 24, 2008

Iowa State Fair

Oh the Iowa State Fair. I was in 4-H for nine years so I've very familiar with fair time. I didn't get a chance to head back to Winneshiek county for their fair, but Kari and Grant, and later Kindra as well joined Matt and I for a couple trips to the Iowa State Fair.Besides finding everything you can imagine on a stick (even salad on the stick this year!), we saw the sites of the fair. Everything is bigger there, including this giant pumpkin! It weighed over 1200 lbs! This is the biggest bull---no lie!

And the biggest boar---weighed almost the same amount as the giant pumpkin!
And a lovely view of the fair from the sky glider.
All in all, it was a fun time, enjoyed the sites, the company, and relived my years in 4-H. And now, the wait begins for next year's fair!


No comments: